Saturday, December 30, 2006

back in NY (wish i was back in honduras)

I have been back in the US for almost two full days. I miss my family... I miss Honduras. I had an incredible time with my family! It was so good to be home for a while, after being gone for two years. Everyone is growing up so fast, I can't believe it! My "little" sisters aren't so little anymore! And the guys... well, they just keep getting uglier:)! Seriously, it was such a blessing to be with them. I was able to participate in several avenues of ministry while I was there. I preached at a Bible study, at church, and at 3 school chapels. It was such a blessing to be able to share with the different groups of people. I was also able to share, one morning, at teacher devotions. It wasn't a very restful time, but what can you expect in a house of 12 people! The joy that filled my heart, from being with my family, made my need for rest to vanish! Seriously... I think i gave out over 45,675 hugs and kisses in the two weeks I was there. I loved it! Overall, our trip was a huge blessing. Memories were made that I will never forget.

1 comment:

~Heidi 8) ~ said...

Hello Hello, I am glad to hear you had such a super visit with your family...I know the amazing feeling of being surrounded by your family as that is exactly how I am feeling right now. Not quite ready to go back yet...but I'll get there I'm sure. Glad you could make it home and great to get to meet you.